kalles bil?

Halsten Aastebol Halsten.Aastebol at elkraft.ntnu.no
Ons Okt 10 08:26:29 CEST 2001

At 19:48 09.10.01 +0200, Erik Bergwall wrote:
>Hej på er.
>
>Jag har länge undrat en sak: vad ÄR Kalles bil (313) för modell egentligen?
>Han fick den väl i Mexico om jag inte tar fel? Jag har hört namnet
>"Skruttomobil" ganska mycket, men är det bara ett "strönamn"? Är Kalles
>gamla 313 en riktig bilmodell (jag kan se vissa likheter med "bubblan")?
>
>Skulle vara trevligt om nån visste.

Hei!

Dette er min første post til Ankistlistan. Kort fortalt er jeg en stor fan
av Barks, bosatt i Trondheim og sporadisk deltaker på DCML (Disney comics
mailing list).

Angående Donalds bil postet jeg denne meldingen til DCML:

At 10:46 16.05.01 +0200, Olaf Solstrand wrote:

>I've also seen on the Norwegian TV show "Norge Rundt" some people making a
>real car exact similar as 313. If anyone knows more about that story,
>maybe they can tell what model THAT was?

That car actually exist, yes! It's an almost exact replica of 313 as seen
in the comics. Only difference in appearance at first eyeglance is black
tires instead of white. The engine however is not a "1920 Mixwell engine"
as described in "Volcano Valley", but rather a more well known engine from
an Opel Kadett.

Here is the story of the car:
The idea came up in late 1990 in connection with the planning of a car show
(Motorama) to be held in 1991 in Trondheim, Norway. The car was build
during the winter and spring of 1991 at Geir Jonassen's workshop in
Trondheim. He used panels from the Donald Duck weekly when sketching out
the construction drawings. Based on the assumption that Donald is 1 meter
tall, the car was calculated to be 2.8 meters long. It was stretched
somewhat compared to the comics in order to make sufficient space for a
door. In the comics the distance between front and rear wheels are greater
when the door is open! Stretchy thing!
To be able to turn the front wheels, the fenders had to be modified.
The body was made from steel plates with the help of Geir's brother Ola and
their father Finn.

Olav Andresen assembled the car at his garage and mounted the engine and
pedals. The engine was like I said above from an Opel Kadett. The wheels
are of the same type as used for tractor trailers manufactured in a nearby
village.

Spraywork was done by Rolf Naess and Morten Bordal at Naess Billakkering,
Melhus.
Interior was done by Aage Henriksen.

The work was completed in only 8 weeks, and the car was ready and running
in time for the Motorama.

At the 2nd of May, Donald Duck was given driver's license valid for the
municipality of Duckburg. The car was approved by the automobil authorities
in Trondheim and given, of course, the number 313.

All this information is presented in an album written (in Norwegian) by
Arne Asphjell and Geir Hasnes called "Duckmobiles". There are also some
pictures of the car. It has been my intention for a long time to scan these
pictures and put them on the web. Maybe it will happen.
The rest of the album (31 pages) is dedicated to the automobiles of the
duck universe.It has chapters like: Donald's car, Daisy's cars, Gladstone's
cars, Grandma's car, Scrooge's cars, Gyro Gearloose, The Beagle Boys' cars,
Traffic, Veteran cars, Luxury cars, Prize cars, Other vehicles, Equipment,
The Future. All examples are from Barks stories, and they are compared with
real-life models. Really interesting!

Nowadays, I think the car is in Bergen.

Halsten

Litt senere skrev jeg:

At 17:55 17.06.01 +0200, Daniel van Eijmeren wrote:

>When did Donald's car appear for the first time?

Wasn't that in an Al Taliaferro strip of the late 30s/early 40s? When
Donald's previous car broke down. For a while he used a stubborn donkey for
transport before shifting from donkey to 313. Am I misremembering here?

> > The engine however is not a "1920 Mixwell engine" as described in
> > "Volcano Valley", but rather a more well known engine from an
> > Opel Kadett.
>
>Is "1920 Mixwell engine" a reference to a real existant engine?

I guess all those references to the parts of Donald's car are puns.

Halsten