carl barks samlade frågor

Bror Hellman steamboat.willie at chello.se
Sat Sep 10 04:45:24 CEST 2005

Hallojs där.. jag läste just en liten artikel på ett forum vid Big Comics
Database.

Jag undrade över lite småsaker när jag läste den bara...

Se här ett par påståenden:
> In the more die-hard Scrooge fan circles, this story is known as the most
scandalous of
> all the "Scrooge/Goldie scandal" stories. The Scrooge/Goldie scandal has
caused Disney Corp.
> to ban several of the old original Scrooge stories from the 1940's and
1950's and later
> baddly edit Don Rosa's "Life and Times" segment: King of the Klondike (In
the uncensored
> edition of "King of the Klondike" Goldie was a main star, but Disney made
Don Rosa re-write
> it.)

Hmm... Blev Don Rosa tvingad att rita om King of the Klondike? Det kommer
jag inte ihåg att jag hört. ... men mitt minne är ju inte som det varit en
gång i tiden... Tror jag... Vad talade vi om nu?

> By 1957, Scrooge in America was no-longer a villian, plus the "Back in the
Klondike" story
> had had 8 pages, including the kidnapping of Glittering Goldie, removed
from it, so the
> American public never saw this darker side of Scrooge McDuck until 1987,
when Gladstone
> printed for the first time in America, an un-censored edition of it.

Hmm.. åtta sidor klippta från Back in the Klondike?  Någon som vet mer om
detta?
Låter ju intressant, men den storyn blir väl lite kort om man klipper bort
alla sidor
med Goldie.. (för att inte tala om att storyn blir en aning konstig).

Är det vanligt att Disney förbjuder figurer från att publiceras av
censurskäl?

> Very few of the old Scrooge stories are allowed to be reprinted today,
nearly all of them
> have been banned or baddly censored, so few fans today are even aware that
the early Scrooge
> was quite a wild-man, not at all like the Scrooge McDuck most of today's
fans remember from
> the cartoon DuckTales.

Hmm.. intressant.. jag antar att han menar Italienska Joakim-historier,
eller? För ajg kan nog inte komma på särskilt många Barks-historier som är
jättecensurerade eller dåligt censurerade p grund av Joakims "elakthet"...
Däremot har vi ju de där omritade afrikanerna i CBL...

// Steamboat Willie

 I know you guys are all talking about Disney cartoons, but I'm a comic book
nut myself and thought you might be interested in some info on THE SINGLE
MOST BANNED ITEM in Disney history: a comic book.

Anybody out there ever heard of Scrooge McDuck's grandaughter: Paperette Ye
Ye (Dickie Duck)? She is the rarest and least used of all Disney characters,
seen only in Italy and later with Jose in Brazil, she is banned for use in
the rest of the world, and has never been seen in America at all.

Since most people in the USA have no idea who she is or why Disney banned
the use of this character, or what she has to do with Scrooge, I will tell
you.

In the more die-hard Scrooge fan circles, this story is known as the most
scandalous of all the "Scrooge/Goldie scandal" stories. The Scrooge/Goldie
scandal has caused Disney Corp. to ban several of the old original Scrooge
stories from the 1940's and 1950's and later baddly edit Don Rosa's "Life
and Times" segment: King of the Klondike (In the uncensored edition of "King
of the Klondike" Goldie was a main star, but Disney made Don Rosa re-write
it.)

To understand how this story got written, first of all you must realized
that while Carl Barks created Scrooge, he was NOT the only Scrooge writer of
the 1940's and 1950's, as is commonly belived here in America. Originaly
there were TWO Scrooge writers: Carl Barks wrote for America and Romana
Scarpa wrote for Europe. Before his stories went to press, Romana Scarpa got
them "approved" by Carl Barks, although it is not known if Carl Barks
actually did approve the stories or not.

To find out the story you'll have to start out by reading a rare uncensored
version "Back to the Klondike"--keeping in mind that Scrooge was still a
Disney VILLAIN at the time this story was originally written in 1952, and
next you must read "The Arrival of Paperette Ye-Ye", IF you can find a copy
and IF you can read Italian, because this story was printed only in Italy,
in only a very few copies in 1957, before Disney Corp. found out about it
and went histerical over it. (Less than a 1,000 of these are belived to
exist today, if that many at all--I am lucky to own one of them--this is
considered to be the rarest and hardest to find of not just Scrooge comics,
but of all Disney comics.) By 1957, Scrooge in America was no-longer a
villian, plus the "Back in the Klondike" story had had 8 pages, including
the kidnapping of Glittering Goldie, removed from it, so the American public
never saw this darker side of Scrooge McDuck until 1987, when Gladstone
printed for the first time in America, an un-censored edition of it. So the
first chapter of the Scrooge/Goldie scandal wasn't even told to the American
public at the time the Paperette Ye Ye story was written. However, unlike
America, Italy HAD seen "Back to the Klondike" uncensored, and so the
Paperette Ye Ye story was not a shock to them, as it was to America.

The story of Paperette Ye Ye was written by Romano Scarpa, a man who was
noted for getting Carl Barks' approval before writing any Scrooge story, so
it must be assumed that Carl Barks new of this story before it was printed.

The story goes like this:

According to Carl Barks:
After having kidnapped Goldie in "Back in the Klondike" and letting her go a
month later, Scrooge left the Yukon and didn't see Goldie again for almost
50 years, when they met once again in "Back in the Klondike" in 1952.

Than according to Romana Scarpa:
A year later,1953, Goldie arrives in Duckburg, bringing with her a girl she
says is Scrooge's grand-daughter, Paperette Ye Ye, who's parents have just
died. Goldie says she is not able to take care of her, but knowing Scrooge
had plenty of money now, Goldie brought her to him instead. In Italy, from
1957 onward, Paperette lives at the Money Bin with her Grandfather, Scrooge
McDuck. Later on, it is through Paperette that Scrooge meets up with another
rare character: Brigitta MacBridge, the much younger fortune hunter looking
to marry the world's richest duck, and being very good at keeping Scrooge on
his toes as he tries to keep as far away from who he calls "that crazy
woman".

While no story is known to exist, that actually writes it, it is common
knowledge in Italy since 1957, that Scrooge and Goldie have an illegitmate
daughter who is Paperette's mother and sadly she died before Scrooge was
aware of her existance.

In Italy we see a more caring and romantic side of Scrooge that we do not
see in America. While Goldie is never actually SEEN in another Italian story
after 1957, throughout the rest of the Scrooge comics he sends money to the
Yukon to take care of her. In America we see stories telling us that Goldie
is the one pineing away for the stubborn and prideful Scrooge, but in Italy,
it is the other way around.

In America, Scrooge fans who hear the story of Paperette Ye Ye, generaly
respond with anger and hatred, saying the story is false and is not a "real"
part of the Scrooge history. But--take a look at the date: 1957, it is one
of the oldest stories out there, way before most of the more popular ones
were written.

What few Americas do accept this story, change it, pointing out that in
"Back to the Klondike" Goldie mentions careing for orphans and so they
rationalize that Dickie Duck (as Paperette is called in America) is not
really Scrooge's grand-daughter, she just calls him "Grandpapa" to be
polite.

In Italy, this story is the most loved Scrooge story of them all and is
considered "the most beautiful and romantic" of all the Scrooge stories ever
written. In Italy, Paperette Ye-Ye was a regular in various Scrooge comics
from 1957 until the 1970's, but Disney Corp. has banned all use of her and
has done everything possibly to destroy the fact that Scrooge did start out
as a "one-shot villain" not intended to ever be used as a hero. So, no new
stories of Scooge's grand-daughter are allowed to be written and it is
doughtful that we will ever hear Uncle Scrooge called "Grandpapa" here in
America.

$$$

There have been other stories banned by Disney, but this is the only one
that was also banned by nearly all of Scrooge's fans as well. Very few of

$$$$http://stp.ling.uu.se/mailman/listinfo/ankism