[Fwd: Donald Duck (1924-2006)]

Johan Anglemark johan at anglemark.se
Mon Nov 13 20:53:22 CET 2006

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Donald Duck (1924-2006)
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 20:39:37 +0100
From: Lars Haugseth
To: fiawol-liste at ifi.uio.no

http://www.bmj.com/cgi/content/short/333/7576/1023

   Obituaries

   Donald Duck

   Donald Duck trained in medicine after a brief foray into civil
   engineering. After a year as general practice trainee in Skye he moved
   with his wife to the Medical Missionary College at Ludhiana, where he
   learnt Urdu and Hindi. He then moved to hospitals in Quetta and
   Kashmir, working in a wide range of specialties, including eye
   surgery, until 1968. From 1968 till his retiral in 1993 Donald was the
   single handed general practitioner in Mallaig. He was an enthusiastic
   elder of the kirk. Having a keen sense of humour, he enjoyed many
   situations where his name led to confusion. Predeceased by his wife,
   Jean, in 1997, he leaves four children and seven grandchildren.

--
Lars Haugseth
--

DISCLAIMER: Generally speaking, what I write should not be
construed as necessarily accurate or factual. When I have no