Swedish Kalle Anka & C:o

Harry Fluks H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
Fri Nov 27 09:45:10 CET 1992

I just got my first Swedish Disney issue (from a friend who went to Sweden
for a few days). It's Kalle Anka & C:o 48 (new! now 48 pages!).

I noticed they reprinted a Dutch story, "The wishing well" (H 85110).

This story is drawn by Mark de Jonge. In fact, the third page of the story
(page 7 of the comic) is the 100th page that De Jonge drew. Notice
the '100'-painting on the first panel.

The page circulated internally with some other text, about De Jonge making
3 stories at the same time, to catch up with Barks' production.

(It is not so that Dutch artists celebrate every 100th page they produce...
The only other noticeable celebration is of the 1000th script page of
Jan Kruse. It has a newspaper on the first panel, with a portrait of Kruse
and the text 'member of the club of 1000')

BTW: are there any other 'hidden' celebrations in other countries' Disney
comics?

--Harry.