Welcome Don!

Torsten Wesley Adair torsten at cwis.unomaha.edu
Fri Apr 16 03:04:23 CEST 1993

On Thu, 15 Apr 1993, Per Starb{ck wrote:
> Newsflash!
> Don Rosa is now a member of this mailing list!
> (so watch your tongues :-)

Does he know about the other comic book sources out there?
Has he proofed your index?

Not to impress Mr. Rosa, but I use the Scrooge and Donald trade paperback
to introduce people to the ducks.  I use it partly because it's more
durable than the comics, because I can get a replacement copy easily
if it is lost, and because it has a good variety of stories that are
representative of what is available in the comic books.

> BTW, is anyone interested in receiving this list collected in digests
> instead of getting every message as it is sent out, and in that case,
> about how often would you like the digests to arrive?

I vote no.  I get digest lists from other mailing lists, and it makes it
harder to respond to specific entries.  They also take up a lot of space.
Wouldn't this mean that the list would be moderated?  Who watches the
watchmen?

I would like to suggest that digests be used for information postings,
such as the index lists, and for collecting various posts on one
discussion topic, say a week after the last post.  These could be
archived/indexed for easy retrieval.

Torsten Adair	torsten at cwis.unomaha.edu	Omaha, NE