Don Rosa

Harry Fluks H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
Wed Apr 21 19:01:26 CEST 1993

> 	HARRY FLUKS: Jeepers -- I'm impressed! I didn't know how closely you
> worked with Tom Roep (whom I've never met).

No need to be impressed. The 'cooperation' was only for that Barks album
series, and mostly handled by phone and mail. I seem to be one of the few
Dutch Barks freaks with a good index of Carl's work, so I could tell them
which stories to (re)print and in what order.

I am surprized you never met Roep. I guess you don't know Jan Kruse or other
Dutch writers then. Have you ever been in Holland?

> What all are you involved in? And where are you?

I'm just an employee at the Software Science department of PTT Research,
the research dept. of the Dutch mail and telephone company. Basically,
this means I can do one of my hobbies and get payed for it...

BTW: what are _you_ doing with a computer? 8-)

> 	Yes, I didn't need Roep to tell me my art sucks.

But Thom Roep said he liked your _stories_ very much...

If you don't mind, I have another Dutch question for you:

In 1986, Jippes said (in an interview) that he was working on "an unfinished
Barks script of Gyro Gearloose". It was for Gladstone.
When you were working for Oberon, you finished the 'Pied Piper' story by
Barks. Did you see anything of Jippes's work? If so, did you use it in
your version of the story?

--Harry.

Harry Fluks                    ()_()     Dutch Disney comics freak
PTT Research, Leidschendam      (_)      H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
"Yeah... I've _heard_ of coral barques!"

P.S. if you need some cheering: I agree with every *good* thing
other people of this list said about you!