Disney comics mailing list digest #6

Don Rosa 72260.2635 at CompuServe.COM
Tue Apr 27 15:19:56 CEST 1993

	COMMENTS on "digest":

	Not too much in #5 that I need to actually address.
	Per asks me if I consider only the PUBLISHED stories to be "canon" in defining $crooge's life (or Duckburg in general). Well, no,
I guess if there were lots of unpublished stories with cogent info, I'd knit that into the tapestry also... but there were never more
than a few unpublished stories by Barks, and they were simple 10-page gag tales. And if an editor changed something in a reprint (
or original) that would be ignored -- but I don't know of any important examples of that outside of the 5 pages from "Back to the
Klondike"... but those HAVE been printed now -- and will soon be printed even in all the Egmont countries, thanks to Byron Erickson
and me (those pages were never the property of Disney -- they were in the hands of fans... so they were unavailable and unknown to
Disney or any licensee.
	As for whether Jake McDuck was alive at the time of "Christmas for Shacktown"... no. $crooge knew that, that's why he saw right through
Donald's disguise and gave him the bum's rush. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.