Dutch Rosa comics

Harry Fluks H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
Wed Aug 4 18:17:46 CEST 1993

(This could be a private message to Don Rosa, but since he asked the question
in the mailing list, I also put the answer here.)

Don Rosa:
> 	Speaking of trying to glom foreign editions of my stuff, the
> Egmont office in Norway sent me some copies of the Dutch DD weekly with
> my stories. I hadn't gotten any since last year, but these were issues
> of (OOPS) the MONTHLY, I should have said... DONALD DUCK EXTRA #4 & 5. I
> see I have something in #6 and I don't know which other recent or
> current issues. Harry, these were on the stands while you were telling
> me you'd help me get such copies -- do you have some set aside for me???

I ordered all Dutch issues with your work in it at the distributor a few
months ago. After several phone calls, they said that they couldn't
get ANY of the issues, not even last month's DD Extra! I didn't buy an
extra copy of that, because I expected the distributor to have a copy for
me...

Do you think it's the same as what David suggested with the German comics?
That they're sold out because they contain Rosa stories?

Anyway, I'm going to buy every Dutch Rosa comic I can get myself now, except
the ones you already have. That would leave:
DD 92-11, 18
DD Extra 92-4, 13 and 93-1, 2, 3, 6, 7
3 season special albums and one Uncle Scrooge album.

You'll hear from me as soon as I got enough to send you (and I won't wait
that long anymore...)

--Harry.