+Postage Due+Disney-comics digest #67.

Don Rosa 72260.2635 at CompuServe.COM
Thu Aug 5 05:13:17 CEST 1993

Harry:
	What sort of distributor are you talking about? You mean a local
comic shop? I infer that they are automatically holding issues for you
but have no extra later on when you inquire?
	I rather doubt that the comics are selling out because of that
anonymous writer/artist in them. I would both like/dislike it if that
were true. Naturally it would be flattering... but at the same time I'd
feel like all the more the chump if publishers were making extra money
off the free use of my work... AND not even sending me complimentary
copies from their office, much less royalty checks. Living in this
country of highly-paid-though-poorly-selling-by-comparison-to-my-stories
cartoonists gets more irritating as life goes on. I just keep reminding
myself how much fun I'm having. I haven't had so much fun lately as the
American dollar gains strength and my income drops by ten-fifteen grand!
Anyway, if my issues do sell out and others don't, what would that tell
Thom Roep?
	And you're saying that ALL the DD EXTRAs for '93 have had one of
my stories as a lead, along with a new cover based on it??? Gawrsh. And
what are these albums and "special issues" you mention? What stories
have they used???
	Maybe you could put me in touch with that editor of the DD EXTRA
you mentioned. Perhaps HE would see the simple justice in sending me
some issues, past and future, of "my" comics?