+Postage Due+Disney-comics digest #69.

Don Rosa 72260.2635 at CompuServe.COM
Sat Aug 7 07:23:18 CEST 1993

	Thanks for all the answers to questions. I think you ask me only
one new one -- whether I do anything else besides Duck work. No, I make
my entire livlihood off writing/drawing Duck stuff for Egmont. I do a
few covers for Gladstone, but that doesn't amount to anything. Egmont's
pay rates are not bad, except (as you hear me whine) when one considers
that I'm working for dozens of publishers simultaneously but only being
paid by ONE, not to mention not receiving the royalties that a
"creative" person, working alone, deserves. But their pay rates are
okay, and have seemed VERY nice for a few years while the dollar was
weak. Right now the dollar has recovered somewhat, so the pay is now
just "good enough". It's possible that the pay could eventually become
BAD due to exchange rates -- but since that's not something I have ANY
control over, I'll worry about it when it happens. In other words, yes,
I am paid in Danish kroner. I get the same amount for every page, but
that amount changes in dollars every day... every HOUR actually. I'd
feel lots more secure if it were always the same, but as long as I work
for another country, that can't be.
	I still haven't looked over your "Rosa Index" carefully, but I
will!
	And I appreciate the trouble it sounds like you're going to to
get me some Dutch editions. Please be assured I'm not kidding when I say
that! The Dutch Disneys are probably the nicest looking editions, and
it's a particular thrill to see covers based on my stories.
	Seems like one thing I noticed on your index is that they will
be running parts 1 & 2 of my "life of $crooge" series right AFTER they
print part 3.  Will they say ANYTHING to readers to explain this
oddity???