That archive again

Per Starback starback at Minsk.DoCS.UU.SE
Thu Aug 12 22:59:12 CEST 1993

Harry:
> I'll send you [Don] a copy of our 'don-rosa' index in private mail. I
> have the impression that you have never seen it...

Gilbert:
> HEY, NO FAIR!!  I want one to!  (I'm just kidding... but I
> would still like YOU to send me one as well [if you don't mind] :)

I guess this is the opportunity to remind you all that there is a
publicly accessible archive of interesting files for this list.
There's no need to ask anyone else to send you those files, as you can
*all* get them yourself.  It's most convenient to do so if you have
access to ftp (address: ftp.lysator.liu.se, directory
/pub/comics/disney), but if you don't you do it this way:

Send mail to ftpmail at lysator.liu.se.  Use no subject headline line.
Put some special commands for a program at the other end in your
message.  To learn what these commands are, send just the text "HELP".
To get the Don Rosa index as an example you'd send the following:

CD pub/comics/disney
SEND don-rosa

and you'll get it in the mail.  This ftpmail service was down for
awhile before, and I promised to tell you when it was operating again.
Well, I've done that now.

Gilbert again:
> All right, First off (Harry) what's a D-code (does the D
> signify that it's Dutch)??  How different is the Dutch edition, in
> contrast to the U.S. version?

No, it's D for Denmark.  To learn more about those codes, retrieve the
file "story-codes".
Per Starback, Uppsala, Sweden.  email: starback at student.docs.uu.se
 "Life is but a gamble!  Let flipism chart your ramble!"