+Postage Due+Disney-comics digest #74.

Don Rosa 72260.2635 at CompuServe.COM
Sun Aug 15 00:34:46 CEST 1993

Torsten:
	Gladstone only has the rights to "the classic Disney characters"
such as Donald and Mickey. I would assume this includes ANY old
character and reprints of same that have appeared in Dell or Gold Key or
whatever. I'm not sure if it includes old or relatively old FEATURE
characters like Pinocchio or those Aristocats, but I doubt if Gladstone
would care. The only need for printing those characters would be if the
features are rereleased, at which point they'd be "current" again and
any new material would be under the license that Disney retains or that
they have sold to Marvel. In other words, whatever the next new Disney
feature length cartoon is, Gladstone absolutely cannot touch it. But I
don't know if they could reprint a SLEEPING BEAUTY comic if that feature
were rereleased (and wouldn't that be nice to see in wide-screen for the
first time in 30+ years).
	I am now on my way to my WDC&S #164 to see about this Miss
Pennywise!!! It may not be too late to put something into part 12!