Uncensored Mouse

Harry Fluks H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
Fri Aug 27 16:09:44 CEST 1993

> From: gadducci at di.unipi.it
(welcome, Fabio!)

> I think the title of the second story was "MM in the death valley", and in
> the first strips there is the first appareance of Horace and Clarabelle. If
> I remember right (I'm moving, and I've not the references pronto), the
> first story started at the end of 1930 (n November, I think...), and I'm
> sure that the authors of that one were Iwerks and Disney himself.

On "our" ftp site we have a list of MM newspaper strips. It starts like this:

nr  start -   end date   wri pen ink  reprints       title
  1 30- 1-13  30- 2- 8   WD  UI  WS   MM 244 (part)  lost on a desert island
    30- 2-10  30- 3-31   WD  WS  WS
  2 30- 4- 1  30- 5- 3   WD  WS  WS                  death valley
    30- 5- 5  30- 5-17   WD  FG  FG
    30- 5-19  30- 6- 7   FG  FG  G+H
    30- 6- 9  30- 6-21   FG  HG? HG
    30- 6-23  30- 9-20   FG  FG  G+H
  3 30- 9-22  30-11-15   FG  FG  G+H                 mr. slicker and the egg robbers
    30-11-17  30-12-26   FG  FG  ED
  4 30-12-27             FG  FG  ED                  gags
    30-12-29  31- 1- 3   FG  ED  ED
    31- 1- 5  31- 1-10   FG  FG  ED
    31- 1-12  31- 1-15   FG  ED  ED
    31- 1-16  31- 1-17   FG  FG  ED

The artist's abbreviations are explained in another file. WD = Disney,
UI = Iwerks, WS = Smith, FG = Gottfredson, HG = Gramatky, ED = Duvall.

The information is from that same book "MM in color" that you are referring
to.

--Harry.

Harry Fluks                      ()_()     Dutch Disney comics freak
PTT Research, Leidschendam (NL)   (_)      H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
"Yeah... I've _heard_ of coral barques!"