LO$ Informant on r.a.d.

David A Gerstein David.A.Gerstein at williams.edu
Mon Dec 13 05:38:29 CET 1993

	Dear Folks,

	Seems that rec.arts.disney has been informed about the "Life
of Scrooge" by someone who knows nothing about the wealth of
information we have on it...

	(Here's his message)

From: CBUCHAN1 at ua1vm.ua.edu (charles buchanan)
Subject: Disney Comics Epic Coming Soon!

Beginning next month in Disney Comics (Uncle Scrooge title, I presume):
        --An epic 12-PART story entitled "The Life of Scrooge"!!!--
This is the story I think most Disney Comics and Scrooge fans have been
waiting for.  It's being drawn by Don Rosa, a great Duck artist and writer
(although I've lost some respect for him after his anti-r.a.d. posts!).
I don't know what episodes of Scrooge's life are featured or how much of them
will be based on the original Carl Barks stories.
                                                  --Charles Buchanan

	(End of transcribed message)

	I don't know what to say when it comes to the "rightness" of
Don Rosa's r-a-d posts, because I *do* find many of the articles on
the silly side, just like he does.  A debate is now raging as to
Ariel's cuteness, and others are writing sonnets to her.  (Something
about *this particular character* seems to get people right in the
gills... or somewhere.  I'm gonna stay out of it...)  Anyway, though,
I am taking the liberty of posting some info from the don-rosa index
onto r-a-d so they know what's coming...

	I'll also end with the usual promotion for our group.

	Your friend,

	David Gerstein
	<David.A.Gerstein at Williams.edu>