Drawing Ducks

James Williams James_Williams at ESS.NIAID.pc.niaid.nih.gov
Tue Dec 21 14:04:00 CET 1993

Don,

  I've been thinking about your comment that your ducks have started
to look too human and I have a question for you.  Is there only one
proper way to draw the ducks -or- should the style of the story
determine how the ducks are drawn?  If the ducks look like ducks,
gag stories will be more humerous.  If the ducks look like humans,
the same gags may be more painful then funny.  Likewise, it is harder
to accept drama from cartoony ducks.  The more human they look, the
better the drama works.

  I'm not an artist but I thought you would enjoy one readers comments.

Happy Holidays
James Williams