Addendum et cetera

Mattias Hallin Mattias.Hallin at jurenh.lu.se
Thu Dec 23 15:58:41 CET 1993

Don:

    I just printed out YOUR last posting, and found I hadn't made one point
clear enough in MY last posting: NO! I DON'T think of $crooge acting the
part of what we think is the real $crooge McDuck - I think that is who he is.
What I've meant to say (but have some difficulty to express, perhaps, in
another language) is that I kinda like the idea of the REAL $crooge acting the
part of Ebenezer, just as I like the idea of the REAL Donald Duck acting in all
those 30's and 40's cartoons - hell, it ain't HIS fault if the script is lousy,
or the director insists on a lot of slapstick... Do you see what I mean? I know
that this theory won't work half as well if you ask me again to explain
TaleSpin in these terms; nor do I really feel that the $crooge in DuckTales is
actually acted by the REAL $crooge - they probably picked some duck of the
street, put false whiskers on him and told him to go all Scots... and I bet
that HD&L are played by some overpaid duck kid-actors, too!

I know - it's all nonsense, but at least it's fun nonsense; well, you know...

Exeunt Mattias!