Goofy and Dutch relatives

Harry Fluks H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
Mon Dec 27 09:53:07 CET 1993

Goofy
~~~~~
Don replied to Wilmer:
> 	Without going down to the comic "vault", I'm gonna guess the
> GOOFY comic you recall was FOUR COLOR #857. If somebody knows that not
> to be true, I'll actually have to resort to LOOKING.

It's not that one. It's Four Color #702, the "Goofy success story".
#857 is the "Goofy adventure story".
Both comics were drawn by Tony Strobl.
(This information is from Crone's list on our ftp site. So no need to look in
the actual comics, Don, but your guesswork was good...)

Dutch relatives
I re-read the last few digests yesterday and I saw that Ole wondered about
Gus being Donald's *nephew* in Dutch translations. This must be a misunder-
standing of the Dutch language: the Dutch word for nephew is "neef", and the
Dutch for "cousin" is also "neef". We're about the only language in this
part of the world that does not distingush between those two relations...

--Harry.