Donald and Mickey

Chris Lawton clawton at tfs.COM
Wed Jul 14 18:38:05 CEST 1993

Hi Everybody.

Finally got a hold of some of the new Gladstone issues - just haven't had
much time these days to go to the store and pick them up.  Anyway...

I really like the Gladstone issues.  I started buying comics with Disney
issues of Roger Rabbit, Mickey Mouse et al. and I feel that Gladstone really
does credit to the presentation of the stories.  I especially liked the
piece in the front and rear cover of Donald and Mickey #19 about the start
of Mickey and Donald.  (although the facts about Mickey are slightly different
than what I've read in the past)

About Donald and Mickey #19.  (The only one I've had a chance to read so far)
The first Donald Duck story is hilarious!  A great story to start the series.
(or should I say continue :) )  But what I was waiting for was Mickey.
I have to say I was a little disapointed. :(  Mickey just seems to be a
by-stander.  At only one point in the story does Mickey contribute to the
plot, comming up with the totally correct answer to the mystery without any
clues whatsoever. Hmm... I know Mickey is suppossed to be intelligent but
I didn't know he was clairvoyant too! :)  Well, I hope to see Mickey with
a more significant part in WDCS #586 when I get a chance to read it.

Gotta get back to work so

See you in the comics...

Chris 		Mickey's #1 Fan! :) :)