Star- is back (Re: Duck and cover!)

Harry Fluks H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
Tue Jul 20 16:33:58 CEST 1993

         "
Per Starback:
> I've heard that they [Gladstone] will start yet another CBL in
> Color series this autumn with "everything else".  Anyone else knows
> more about that?

1. In their ads, Gladstone now states that eventually ALL Barks material
   will be published in the same form as 'The Library of WDC'.

2. David Gerstein once said that Gladstone will be publishing the rare
   March Of Comics giveaways near the end of the year (and I hope they
   found some original prints of 'Darkest Africa'!)

3. The man in a comic book shop in Amsterdam had heard somewhere that
   Gladstone didn't get the rights for ALL Barks stories, only WDC (and
   a few other things). Maybe this was true, meaning that Disney Comics
   kept the rights for reprinting the other stuff (like Uncle Scrooge).
   Now that Gladstone is back in the comics business again, maybe they
   got the rights to all the Barks material.

> It's interesting to hear different opinions on the new Gladstones,
> even though I haven't gotten any of them yet so I don't have anything
> to say myself.  (I want it cheap, not fast.)  But why are they
> serializing a Gottfredson story that they already have printed (in an
> album)?

My guess is that Disney Comics already planned the publishing (they did
more re-re-reprints). That would also explain why one of the first Gladstone
issues reprinted a Barks story that Gladstone reprinted before.
Anyway, I think the Gottfredson story has been re-coloured.

> Old messages
>  "Life is but a gamble!  Let flipism chart your ramble!"

Talking about 'old messages'.. 8-)

--Harry.

Harry Fluks                      ()_()     Dutch Disney comics freak
PTT Research, Leidschendam (NL)   (_)      H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
"Yeah... I've _heard_ of coral barques!"