Dutch Rosa again

Harry Fluks H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
Fri Jun 18 15:58:02 CEST 1993

Don Rosa about how the Dutch think of his comics:
> 	And you say they used that story because they thought it was good?
> Tha's swell -- but you said they don't like to use my stories
> in the most prominent publications because they don't LIKE 'em. This is all
> confusin'.

Thom Roep, supervising editor, edits the 'prominent' publication (DD Weekly),
doesn't like the ART of Rosa comics (..but he likes the scripts).

Jos Beekman, editor of the monthly DD Extra, DOES like Rosa comics (art AND
script).
(And, as I understand now, DD Extra is meant for the more 'mature' reader,
so it fits perfectly.)

Beekman and Roep sometimes contradict each other when explaining things to me.
Maybe that's the origin of the confusion.

And Don, I *will* send you as much Dutch comics as I can - it'll just take
some time...

--Harry.