New Gladstone

Per Starback starback at Minsk.DoCS.UU.SE
Wed Jun 30 08:44:34 CEST 1993

Torsten quoted a Gladstone ad in CBG:
> 	"In the late 1970s and early 1980s the Walt Disney Studios
> produced approximately 20 feature-length stories featuring Mickey and
> Goofy.  Many were written by Greg Crosby, now Vice President of
> International Marketing at Disney, and all were drawn by Jaime Diaz at his
> finest. [ ... ]
>	"These 40-page plus stories were created by Disney to distribute
> to licensees worldwide for publication but, to our knowledge, few were
> ever used, possibly due to their length.

Actually at least 14 of these have been published in Sweden:

Title				Pg	Code
Goofy da Vinci			44
Goofy Columbus			44
Goofy Galileo			44	S 76159
Mickey Marco Polo		44	S 76179
*Goofy Beethoven
Goofy Gutenberg			44
Goofy Arthur			44
*Goofy Ulysses
Goofy King Tut			44	S 78096
King Goofy Midas		44
Goofy Eiffel			44
Around the World in 80 Days	44
*Goofy Wilhelm Tell		44	S 80135

These were published in a series of albums here (``Laangben --
Historiens m"astare''), and the titles above are what they say the
original title was.  Asterisked forms for those who doesn't tell or
for those I don't have so I can't check.  Those I don't have lack info
on page count as well, even though it's probably 44 for those too.

There are some funny gags and situations in those stories, even though
they are not very Disneyesque.  Other opinions?
Per Starback, Uppsala, Sweden.  email: starback at student.docs.uu.se
 "Life is but a gamble!  Let flipism chart your ramble!"