FTP sites? (and also about Marsupilami again)

Per Starb{ck starback at Minsk.DoCS.UU.SE
Wed Mar 10 15:22:44 CET 1993

Torsten:
> Are the various Disney indexes available via FTP?  If they are,
> has Rec.Arts.Comics been notified?  The address for disney-comics is
> there, BTW.

Sure they are. At ftp.lysator.liu.se:/pub/comics/disney.

Disney-comics is mentioned in part 6 (Comics-related mailing lists) in
the rec.arts.comics.info FAQ, because I sent information about it, but
I haven't thought about getting the ftp archive mentioned in part 5
(e-mail/pft addresses).  Thanks for the tip, I'll write the FAQ
maintainer about it.

For those of you without access to ftp: there is an ftp mail server at
lysator (where the files are), so you can retrieve files from it by
sending mail to ftpmail at lysator.liu.se.  Use no Subject: header line,
and put things like this in the body of the letter:

CD pub/comics/disney
DIR
SEND gladstone.index
QUIT

Please use this service only if you can't use ftp directly.
(Send HELP to ftpmail to get more information on how to use it.)

And then, the obligatory :-) part about Belgian comics:

Harry:
> If I remember well, the Belgian Marsupilami can't talk (only say
> "Hooba")...

Actually Marsupilami can learn to repeat words like a parrot, much to
the surprise of Spirou and Fantasio the first time he did it.
Per Starback, Uppsala, Sweden.  email: starback at student.docs.uu.se
 "Life is but a gamble!  Let flipism chart your ramble!"