Why Cousins, Unca's and such...?

Torsten Wesley Adair torsten at cwis.unomaha.edu
Wed Mar 24 19:31:04 CET 1993

On Wed, 24 Mar 1993, Darin Reid wrote:
>     Anyone have any idea why the Ducks (and even the mice) never seem
> to be directly related?  It seems like everyone is an uncle, an aunt,
> a cousin or a grandma.  Was there some strange Disney unwritten law
> saying that parenthood wouldn't be discussed (That definitely does not
> hold today - Goofy has a kid!)?  Or, was this a decision made on the
> part of either CB or FG?

If you look at the Disney shorts, Goofy (or a look-alike) was Disney's
version of suburban life.  He was married to a redhead, and had a son who
caused all sorts of trouble.  How real were these cartoons?  Well, in the
Father's Day short, the father stays home.  The milkman rings the
doorbell, and the father gets the milk, as well as a smooch from the
milkman!  Talk about family values!

It sure is great seeing all these new posters!

BTW, CEO Mike Eisner exercised his stock options to avoid Clinton's tax
increases, and raked in $197.5 Million (that's one HUNDRED).  I don't
think he'll give any of that to EuroDisneyland.    |)

Torsten Adair	torsten at cwis.unomaha.edu	Omaha, NE