Various replies to various replies

Per Starb{ck starback at Minsk.DoCS.UU.SE
Mon Mar 29 01:38:27 CEST 1993

Jamal:
> I seem to remember having a couple issues of "Donald Duck's Family Album"
> .. a Disney Comic that came out in the early 1960's, published by Dell
> (Western Publishing), and drawn by a rather lousy (in my opinion)
> artist.  (I could probly track the name down if I had some Gladstone
> Digests handy, but I dont..)

Harry:
> You could also try the Dell comics list by Kjell Crone, available on our
> ftp-site...

Torsten:
> Specifics please?

In ftp.lysator.liu.se:/pub/comics/disney/crone there are some comics
titled "Duck Album" and "Donald Duck Album" in the file
four-colors.titles.  Unfortunately there are no dates of comics
there---I guess they ought to be added.  Then in the file
four-colors.index are the data on the comics in those books.  Maybe
one of the books Jamal has is OS 1239 from 1961.  Then the index says:

> W OS 1239 FC  1  FD    CB Under the bear fur
> W OS 1239 01  1  US    JB QUICK THINKING                      KA 620101
> W OS 1239 02  9  DD    JB PACKAGE PROBLEM                     KA 623101
> W OS 1239 03  6  DA    JB IN THE KNOW                         KA 624603
> W OS 1239 04  2  DD    JB BIG CAT CAPER
> W OS 1239 05  5  US    JB PRIZE MISPRINT                      KA 664901
> W OS 1239 06  4  GG    JB FORGETFUL FOWL                      KA 623102
> W OS 1239 07  5  GD    JB FARMY-TYPE FRIENDS                  KA 623305
> W OS 1239 08  1  DD    JB HIGH AND HIGH
> W OS 1239 09  1  DA    JB IN THE BAG
> W OS 1239 10  1  DD    TS BIG DEAL                            KA 630306

Then it's evidently Jack Bradbury (= JB) that Jamal thinks is lousy.
Four Color 1140 which is a Donald Duck Album from 1960 is mostly by
Tony Strobl (= TS) though.  None of them are lousy in my humble
opinion by the way.

Harry:
> Why would you want to do that [use paper mail], if you have e-mail?

Does your employer know that you're badmouthing snail mail like that.
:-)

Jellybeans:
> Where did Darkwing Duck get his powers from?
> I must confess that I've never read a Darkwing Duck comic, I've only seen
> him on TV.

Rich:
> I believe the Disney Afternoon series gave a couple different scenarios for
> that answer.  I forget which is accepted as canon.  Maybe Stephanie or one of
> the other Ranger-Listers can answer that.

She isn't on this list though, but I guess the ranger-listers will
know the answer to that question (if there is one).  Write to
Stephanie da Silva <arielle at taronga.com> to join ranger-list which is
about Disney TV animation.
Per Starback, Uppsala, Sweden.  email: starback at student.docs.uu.se
 "Life is but a gamble!  Let flipism chart your ramble!"