Mickey's wedding- FINAL

Torsten Wesley Adair torsten at cwis.unomaha.edu
Tue Mar 30 05:53:03 CEST 1993

On Mon, 29 Mar 1993, luigi bevilacqua wrote:
> Ok...Ok... I tell you everything...
>
> Remarks:
> The name "Samantha" and "snapping" magic powers come from a TV series,
> with a man married to a witch (and a daughter too, if I remember well).

Bewitched.  Samantha, Darrin, and Tabitha.  A fun show, with a wonderful
cast.  Disney could probably kill this story using the argument that it is
somewhat plageristic.

> Anyway, It is a very funny story, with more romantic feelings than usually.
> I don't know if all of you will ever see this story because, as I said
> some weeks ago, Disney USA denied this marriage and decided to never reprint
> it, anywhere.

Anybody got a photocopier?

> And what do you think about this story?

Is there a Disney cartoon where Mickey gets married?
There is an old (B&W) Warner Brothers cartoon where Porky marries Petunia,
which turns out to be a nightmare.

Why didn't the father just magic away Samantha's knowledge of witchcraft?
And is the sorceror related to Magica de Spell, and/or Yen Sid?
And was Samantha more likable than Minnie?
And why does Mickey have such a high voice?  Is it because of the lobotomy
he received in 1940?  Or is it something more controversial?

And remember, Minnie isn't crazy, she's just _______ goofy.

Torsten	"wondering what happened to Goofy's wife on Goof Troop" Adair

Apologies, but I always get this way during the Academy Awards,
especially when They (the Academy) desecrate a Disney song (remember Under
the Sea?).