languages

Harry Fluks H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
Tue Mar 30 19:00:16 CEST 1993

> I have also collected names of Disney characters in various languages
> now and then

Quite an impressive list!

> When I could't find a language in that (half-finished?) standard I used the
> full name prefixed by "x." (only used for Flemish).

I guess Flemish isn't a language, just like Mexican an Argentinan aren't.
So you could indicate that by "nl-fl" or so.

> Well, all in all there are lots of things
> that should be cleaned up (lots of spelling errors etc), but I won't
> do it right now, and as you've started collecting names here they are:

I'll add some things I know right now, apart from the names in earlier
postings. Maybe this is something to put in some FAQ?

> en:Junior Woodchucks

nl: Jonge Woudlopers

> en:Flintheart Glomgold

nl: Govert Goudglans

> en:Moby Duck
> sv:Moby Duck

nl: Moby Duck (surprize 8-)

> en:Neighbor (J.) Jones
> sv:(Olle) Olsson

nl: Buurman Bolderbast (in one story: Bolsterbast)

> en:Clara Cluck

nl: Klaartje Kip

> en:Peg-Leg Pete, Big (Bad) Pete, Black Pete

nl: Boris Boef

> en:Pluto the Pup
> sv:Pluto
> da:Pluto
> is:Pl'ut'o
> no:Pluto
> fi:Pluto
> hu:Plu'to'
> sk:Pluto
> cs:Pluto

nl: Pluto (You wouldn't have guessed)

> en:Morty and Ferdie Fieldmouse

nl: Puk en Max Mouse

> en:Horace Horsecollar

nl: Karel Paardepoot

> en:Clarabelle Cow

nl: Clarabella Koe

> en:The (Phantom) Blot

nl: De zwarte Schim

> en:Chief O'Hara

nl: Commissaris O'Hara

> en:Chip 'n' Dale
> nl:Knabbel & Babbel

de: Ahoernchen und Behoernchen  (oe = o")

> en:Zeke Wolf = The Big Bad Wolf
> nl:De (Grote) Boze Wolf

nl: Midas Wolf = De Grote Boze Wolf

> en:Li'l Bad Wolf
> nl:De Kleine Boze Wolf

nl: Wolfje = De Kleine Boze Wolf

> en:Izzy Wolf
> sv:Smockan

nl: Pollo

> en:Three Little Pigs

nl: De Drie Biggetjes

> en:Fiddler Pig
> sv:Bror Lustig (eller {r det Bror Hurtig?)

nl: Knir (of is het Knar?)

> en:Fifer Pig
> sv:Bror Hurtig (eller {r det Bror Lustig?)

nl: Knar (of is het Knir?)

> en:Practical Pig
> sv:Bror Duktig

nl: Knor

> en:Brer Bear
> sv:Bror Bj|rn

nl: Meneer Beer (Bruin Beer)

> en:Brer Fox
> sv:Bror R{v

nl: Meneer Vos (Reintje Vos)

> en:Eega Beeva

nl: Ega Beva

> en:Emil Eagle

nl: Arend Akelig

> da:Gaaser|d
> fi:Hanhivaara
> sv:G}seborg

I guess this is the town next to Duckburg, in Holland mostly called Ganzenstad.

> en:Scamp
> sv:Ludde
> nl:Rakker

de: Strolchi

> en:Cinderella
> x.flemish:Assepoester

nl: Assepoester (I don't know why you put a Flemish entry here...)

> en:Sylvester Shyster
> sv:Fusky / Mutkolv

nl: Sylvester Slibber

> en:Shamrock Bones
> sv:Sk{rlock Holm

nl: Sul Dufneus

> en:Captain Churchmouse
> sv:Kapten Kyrkr}tta

nl: Kapitein Kerkrat / Kapitein Kerkmuis

> it:Filo Fganga
> sv:Johannes N{bbelin / Ludde Spinsson / Johannes Hum / Ernst

I'm very curious who this could be...

> en:Tinker Bell
> sv:Tingeling

nl: Rinkelbel

> en:Little Toot
> sv:Lilla Tr}get

nl: Kleine Toet (appeared in only 3 or 4 stories)

nl: Harry Fluks, Leidschendam, Netherlands.  email: h.w.fluks at research.ptt.nl
     "Het leven is een gok, laat Knobelisme het voor u uitzoeken!"