William Van Horn; Captain Kentucky Collection

Per Starback starback at Minsk.DoCS.UU.SE
Mon May 3 11:31:15 CEST 1993

Don Rosa on Van Horn:
> But I dislike his "Krazy Kat" style on the Barksian Ducks (which
> should have a more "classical" look)... and I consider his treatment
> of the characters to be insulting to them in its frivolity. But that's
> me -- I see $crooge as an adventure hero... I guess Van Horn sees him
> as somebody who should be throwing acorns at Chip n' Dale.

Scrooge isn't the only duck in the family, you know, and Van Horn
doesn't even use Scrooge that much.  There are many ways of upholding
Barks's banner, and I think Van Horn's stories are worthy heirs of
Barks's ten-pagers.

Don Rosa again:
> Andy Krieg wants to locate copies of my CAPTAIN KENTUCKY COLLECTION
> newspaper strip reprint volumes. You come to da right place -- I have
> a garage full of the #$%@& things! Andy (or anyone) can send me a
> self-addressed, stamped (enough for 3 magazines) envelope, and I'll
> send them copies FREE.

Great!  Thanks for the generous offer!  How much postage is needed to
send them overseas?
Per Starback, Uppsala, Sweden.  email: starback at student.docs.uu.se
 "Life is but a gamble!  Let flipism chart your ramble!"