Lost messages? -- ftp archive news -- Life of Scrooge

Per Starback starback at Minsk.DoCS.UU.SE
Fri May 7 19:46:41 CEST 1993

Lost Messages?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here is a warning to all recent posters.  I recently said that you
shouldn't think your messages didn't get through just because you got
a bounce message.  Well, recently I goofed up with the list of
subscribers in a way that I think means that your messages really got
lost, so if you sent something after that message of mine and it's not
in this list of recent postings it didn't get through -- please resend
it!

Wm. Hathaway (via me)	Russ Cochran
Ola Torstensson		The Duck of Africa (?)
Gilbert Milburn		Questinons & Special Thanks!
Luigi Bevilacqua	Warning: this letter can be dangerous...bis

News at the ftp archive (ftp.lysator.liu.se:pub/comics/disney)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have now created a new subdirectory "characters" for lists and
descriptions of Disney characters.  I put Rich Bellacera's list of
recurring characters there and the first "HOOZOO" file as well as a
new version (2.0b) of the "International Disney Comic Character Names"
that I got from Fredrik Ekman.

Life of Scrooge
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ola Torstensson:
> Which part is this - number six?  I think I've missed a few parts.

The Life of Scrooge section in the Don Rosa index at the ftp archive
now (I just updated it!) says (slightly reformatted as the American
and Dutch columns were all whitespace anyway):

> Code        Scan      Pg  Title
> D 91308     K92-33(DN)15  LS1 The Last of the Clan McDuck
> D 91411     K92-33(DN)28  LS2 The Master of the Mississippi
> D 92008     K92-47(S) 15  LS3 The Buckaroo of the Badlands
>             K92-45(D)
> D 92083     K93-02    15  LS4 The King of the Copper Hill
>                               (aka The Flash in the Copper Pan)
> D 92191     K93-11    15  LS5 The New Laird of Castle McDuck
> D 92273     K93-18    12  LS6 (... of Africa?)
>                           LS7
>                           LS8 The Argonaut of White Agony Creek
>                           (aka The King of the Klondike) [in three parts]
>
> The series on Scrooge's life will be twelve (?) stories in all.
> Don Rosa is currently (April 1993) working on part 10.

Of course I'd be happy if Don would supply us with some more info.

Ola again:
> Though I wonder how many Swedish little kiddies will understand the
> "Wizard of Oz" reference.  <grin>

Well, I did. :-)

Per Starback, Uppsala, Sweden.  email: starback at student.docs.uu.se
 "Life is but a gamble!  Let flipism chart your ramble!"