Don, Launchpad & other stuff!

Gilbert Milburn gilbert at unix.campbellsvil.edu
Wed May 12 19:17:08 CEST 1993

"I'm bbaaaackk!......."

A few li'l impetuous remarks...

> Date: 10 May 93 10:36:56 EDT
> From: Don Rosa <72260.2635 at CompuServe.COM>
> Subject: Re: Digest #15

>       COMMENTS ON #15:
>       I see now that my previous long message was NOT included in
> the last digest. Does that mean it never came through?  And why
> not? I still have the "returned" message -- is there a way to
> re-send it?

Per (& Don!) I think I have an idea -- as to what happen here...
when I came in to check my messages today, I noticed that Don's
CompuServe account-address (72260.2635 at CompuServe.COM) was missing
from one of my digest headers!..  If I understand correctly when
you (Per) send out the digest you put a line in the header that
says something to the effect of:  "To: (a list of electronic-mail-
addresses...)" and this what distributes the mail to everyone on
the digest; to his/her respective mail-boxes (it's that right?).
If this is the case Don is missing one of the D.C.D. (Disney-
comics-digests) that you recently sent out!

Well, enough about that...

Also, Fredrik Ekman <d91fe at ide.ide.hk-r.se> recently cited a
comment made by Don on: Mon, 10 May 93 10:29:10 EDT...

> Date: Tue, 11 May 93 15:01:32 +0100
> From: Fredrik Ekman <d91fe at ide.ide.hk-r.se>
> Subject: Continuity

>Don Rosa:
>>Someone asked if I'd ever use Launchpad, even as a gag background
>>character. Sure, I'd do that, since I like the guy. BUT I don't
>>think I'd better since readers would see that use as my
>>acknowledging the coexistence of the DuckTales characters in my
>>Duck universe. So I'd better leave them alone.

(*The "someone" was me Don!*)

Fredrik then went on to say...

>And if Mr. Rosa doesn't want to mess up his normal universe with
>DT characters, then what about making a Launchpad McQuack solo
>adventure? To my knowledge, this has only been done in one-pagers
>before. Then, theoretically, there needn't be any question at all
>as to which universe he belongs to at the time.

I *really like* this suggestion!... =P

So, how about it Don?!.. you could do a little one page gag (like:
"The Paper Chase") or a 10/12-pager, featuring Launchpad McQuack in
his own wee-little (solo) adventure -- say for: "WALT DISNEY'S
COMICS AND STORIES" (in an issue in which none of your other
stories appear in!.. of course!!!).  You can even attach a *BIG*
disclaimer as an epilogue(sp?)... "This story in NO way, shape or
form has any connection between the DuckTales t.v. show and the
"normal" Duck universe or to any Duckburg characters for that
matter, namely... $crooge!  This story was only done for the pure
fun of it!"  (or something to this effect)  See how it goes-over --
who knows, YOU could do for: Launchpad  what Barks did for: Donald,
Uncle $crooge and the boys!! =) =D

Gil Milburn <gilbert at unix.campbellsvil.edu>

P.S. Don, tell Doug Adams (of Comicbook World -- not to be confused
with the Hitchhiker-fellow!) that I said "HELLO" when he stop in to
help you move your @?#%$*! this weekend!