Huey, Dewey and Louie

David A Gerstein David.A.Gerstein at williams.edu
Fri May 14 23:17:55 CEST 1993

	Dear Folks (Per et all),

	Just so you know, Disney and Gladstone have almost entirely
accepted the DuckTales cap coloring for the nephews wherever possible.
Since 1990 the stories have had the caps correctly colored whenever
the kids have been identified by name. _Always._

	The colors are arranged this way:
	Huey has the brightest 'hue,' or red.
	Dewey's cap is the color of dew, or blue.
	That *leaves* Louie, and the color of leaves is green.

	See how easy that is?

	All the Disney Comics Disney comics have used this coloring.
So have the Gladstone Barks Library Albums, and presumably the comics
will as well.
	There was only one exception.  In the bill-collecting story
"Donald Duck and the Boys," a different colorist than usual (who I
can't recall the name of, now, since I don't have the issue on hand)
colored it for Gladstone's album.  This guy must not have been 'in the
know,' because the caps were randomly colored and -- most
frustratingly of all -- switched ridiculously during the Bassofoglio
trapeze scene, so that which kid was on the trapeze varied from scene
to scene.  The same colorist makes the mistake of giving a nephew
who's asking another nephew some question a certain color for his cap,
then repeating the same color reliably in the next panel for the
nephew who's *replying.*  No matter what color the kids' caps are
going to be, *this* is particularly irritating.
	(Not only did the odd colorist for "DD and the Boys" do this,
but even the otherwise impeccable Sue Daigle does it from time to
time.)

	"Well, so long... I'll be seein' ya... I hope!"

	David Gerstein
	<David.A.Gerstein at Williams.edu>