Rosa's Re: Digest #23 (or 22?)

Harry Fluks H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
Wed May 19 17:53:15 CEST 1993

Don Rosa:
> 	Well, that digest #22 was all for me. How nize.
>
> 	By the way, the early existance of satellites in my tales cannot be
> explained (in MY eyes) by that story which stated that Duckburg
> was far advanced than the rest of the world -- that tale showed Duckburg as
> apparantly a city with 23rd century architecture, its own
> space stations, citizens zooming about in mini-rockets --  That's all utter
> nonsense! That's one of Barks' tales that I regard as a
> dream Donald had after eating pickle-flavored ice-cream, or perhaps it was
> an episode of that DUCKTALES show that the kids in Duckburg
> watch on TV.

I have an other silly explanation. Barks once did a Gyro Gearloose story
("Super-Duckburg" or so) where Gyro transformed Duckburg into a new futuristic
city, with all the "23th century architecture" and stuff. The inhabitants
did not like this after a while, so they forced Gyro to put everything
back to normal.

The "Island in the Sky" story (Barks' story where Duckburg is 23th century)
could have taken place _during_ this Gyro story...

I know this makes no sense, but it was just a thought...

It must be hard for Don to write his stories, while keeping _every_ Barks
fan happy...

--Harry.