Peeweegas, Egmont (Re: Don Rosa)

Harry Fluks H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
Tue May 25 17:47:00 CEST 1993

Don Rosa wrote about Gladstone not publishing the Peeweegah story:

> 	I used poor wording if I said somewhere that I hoped Gladstone would
> be less narrow-minded than Disney.

I quoted you from my memory, almost certainly you used other words.

> Gladstone has begged for permission to use my Peeweegah tale, and Disney has
> flatly refused. Unless they start firing and
> hiring people inside Disney (which does happen constantly) there is NO
> chance that the Peeweegah tale will be printed in America.

That's a shame. Is there no way to publish the story in English? What about
Canadian or Australian publishers? They're not so close to Disney's
censorers...

> I would assume that "Egmont" is only a funny sounding name in ENGLISH, which
> shouldn't
> bother Egmont a bit, America being such a poor market for reading material.

Did you know there are other English-speaking countries in the world, too?
8-)

(BTW: I hope you know what 8-), :-), BTW etc. mean)

--Harry.

Harry Fluks                      ()_()     Dutch Disney comics freak
PTT Research, Leidschendam (NL)   (_)      H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
"Yeah... I've _heard_ of coral barques!"