The Don Rosa index

Per Starback starback at Minsk.DoCS.UU.SE
Wed Nov 24 15:23:40 CET 1993

New list member (welcome!) Juuso Paaso wrote:
>  So, first of all, I would like to wonder, why on the list of Disney-comics
> Don Rosa has drawn, in the Scandinavian paragraph there are no Finnish comics
> If this is because of your lack of knowledge about Finnish publications, I
> sure could help.

The reason there is no information on Finnish publications of Rosa's
comics is because noone has collected it for us, so you're very much
welcome to do that.  This one-column-for-every-country format isn't
very practical as the number of countries in the index increase, by
the way.  (Already the German data from David isn't in don-rosa, but
in its own file don-rosa.germany.)  Probably the only stuff in the
master index should be info on the comics themselves (their codes,
number of pages, various notes...) and their American publications,
and all "foreign" stuff should go somewhere else.  What do you think?
After all most Duck fans wouldn't care much about where a particular
story was published in Finland, Sweden, or Timbuktoo.

Juuso also asked if Don has done any other comics than Disney comics.
He has, but as I haven't been able to read any of them :-( I won't say
anything more about it, but will let someone else give a better
answer.  Even though it's not Disney comics, I think it would be
justified to have Don's non-Disney comics in our index as well.
Especially since Don has said (I remember this right, I hope?) that he
will remake every Captain Kentucky episode into a Duck episode
eventually.  Then it might be interesting to note those
correspondences.

But as everything else (like the recent discussions of FAQs etc.)
someone has to do it...  ("Not me!  I've got a belly-ache!")
Per Starback, Uppsala, Sweden.  email: starback at student.docs.uu.se
 "Life is but a gamble!  Let flipism chart your ramble!"