William Van Horn

Per Starback starback at Minsk.DoCS.UU.SE
Mon Oct 4 14:52:04 CET 1993

Fredrik:
> And about Van Horn; did someone post a file with some info on him
> recently? Or is that just my imagination? I have some faint recollection
> of reading something about when he is born, where he lives, et c. Anyway,
> I would be very interested in any such information. Also; has he done
> any comics before starting to work for Gladstone?

I don't know much about WVH, but one thing he did before working at
Gladstone was "Nervous Rex", which I have an issue of somewhere.
Incidentally I just read the following by Tom Galloway in
rec.arts.comics.misc:

> Subject: BONE circulation to exceed X-MEN within the year (fact, not guess)
>
> No, I'm not kidding.
>
> Marv Wolfman, who edits the comics section of Disney Adventures (see the
> rack in the supermarket next to TV Guide if in the U.S.), just posted on
> GEnie that DA will be publishing some non-Disney comics including Bone
> (also William Van Horn's Nervous Rex from the mid-80s; no others were
> specifically mentioned). He also said that at first the Bone material will
> be reprints (but with color and new splash pages), but there will be at
> least one new one.
Per Starback, Uppsala, Sweden.  email: starback at student.docs.uu.se
 "Life is but a gamble!  Let flipism chart your ramble!"