1902 moneybin? - Ye Saga Continueth

Mattias Hallin Mattias.Hallin at j-sek.lu.se
Tue Oct 5 16:51:58 CET 1993

...as I was saying (when rudely interrupted by WORK (shudder)): check out the
midforties WDC where $crooge gets hayfever from his money, has to go live in a
cave, and Donald squanders his moola; and how $crooges moneystorage at that
time is pictured. Yes: a barn-like NUMBERED (and highly numbered, too)
one-storey building, that is, I think, called moneybin No 37 or something like
that.

Also - why on earth should $crooge need to build THE moneybin as early as 1902
when he still counts his money in billions - not in fantasillions. I actually
doubt he could even AFFORD it at that time; and even in the forties he
obviously could be hard pressed for money - as in "The Old Castle's Secret",
where he claims he has to get his hands on "a few millions" real quick to avoid
some unmentioned financial disaster...

Now, I'm well aware that you've (Don, I mean) has already finished that part of
the "Life"; so I guess my criticism won't do you much good anymore, anyway -
but! Please remember what I wrote in my first letter to this list: I sincerly
meant every word of that letter (I hope Per included at least it's general
outline in your digest; in case not, it lavished prize on the "Life" for being
in the main true to Barks AND history, for your masterful building of $crooge's
character, and for the fact it's so dadblasted funny you had me howling with
laughter all the time), and don't feel too unhappy just because I love to
ferret out these kind of details and sling'em at you. Ain't I a lowdown,
bushwackin' so-and-so?!

Well - all my best to you, Don, and to all the other ugly li'l ducklings out
there in networkspace (no - yer not ugly: yer beauties, the lot of ya!)

"A flier! A frier! I must shave the women and children!"

Mattias Hallin