Mickey + $crooge = true

Mattias Hallin Mattias.Hallin at j-sek.lu.se
Wed Oct 6 13:54:08 CET 1993

About what James Williams asked concerning why Disney don't allow $crooge and
Mickey to appear together, I think I remember reading something a few years ago
about how Disney feels this would weaken each characters commercial pontential.
I dunno, but I think I saw sumpin' to that effect.

BUT, also from a donaldistic viewpoint, it is HIGHLY debateable at least wether
the (Barks) ducks live in the same town or even the same part of the USA as
Mickey and his friends. I wrote an article (alas! in Swedish) in NAFS(k)uriren
23 about this very matter, and I found that with the basic exception for the
Murry "Phantom Blot" stories, $crooge and Donald lives in Duckburg, Calisota,
probably on the westcoast, while Mickey's adressess over the years has been
"Hometown", "Mouseville", "Burbank" and "Mouseton". At least Hometwon and
Mouseville seems to have been on the eastcoast of USA. I can't go into any
detailed account of my argument here, but it seems to me that Mickey and the
Ducks would see fairly little of one another, at least on any regular basis.

Well - there's two kinds of answers for you... have yer pick!

Mattias Hallin