Jippes

Harry Fluks H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
Wed Oct 6 14:47:38 CET 1993

David wrote:
> Someone (I think Harry Fluks):
>
> (BTW: David, tell the Gladstone people to put more Jippes in their comics.
> There still are a few Milton/Jippes stories not reprinted in the USA.)
>
> 	*WHICH* Milton/Jippes stories?  Tell me, and you've got them
> requested... and if I do the requesting, I also get to dialog
> 'em!!!!!!!!  Since I can translate Dutch and no one else at Gladstone
> can, or so it seems!!!  Oh, boy, oh, boy!

Of course it was me. Who else would care to promote Jippes? 8-)

BTW: how come you can translate Dutch? (BTOW: I think most of the Milton/Jippes
stories are originally written in English, because neither of them speak the
other's language.)

1st: when are they going to print the Barks/Jippes Woodchuck stories?

2nd: there are a few Jippes stories in my Dutch list that are not in the
	Gladstone list. Some of them are very good. Maybe they rejected them
	because of the use of violence or ???

Here's a list: (don't worry, it's only 7 entries; short enough to skip it 8-)

3p.   H DD-7413  donald in patat-a-la-petoet

	Jippes' very first Donald Duck story. The 1949 Barks style is a bit
	exaggerated here. But it would be a nice filler.

10p.  H DD-781  liters lekkere levertraan... (by Milton+Jippes)

	Donald versus Gladstone. Very good!

10p.  H DD-7809 donald in disco-ducks (by Milton+Jippes)

	Donald versus Gladstone again. Very good again. Maybe too violent?
	At the end, Donald's house has been totally destroyed.

10p.  H DD-7801 televisie-bewaking (inked by Verhagen)

	A story in the 50s style of Barks (with shorter beaks). Quite good.
	(notice the obviously erroneous story codes...)

10p.  H 8382   luchtballon (script Kruse)

	This story was published when Gladstone was not around. (In Dutch DD
	43-1991.) Not an excellent story, but good artwork.

1p.   een lot voor guus geluk (Gladstone gag)

	A one-pager from 1974. Published in Dutch album "DD en andere verhalen"
	#20. I guess noone noticed this gag. I don't even know the code.

1.5p. H 8263   met gelijke munt

	A one-and-a-half page gag about Donald swimming in his comics, just
	like Scrooge swims in his money. Could be used on special occasions,
	like the x00th copy of a comic.

Jippes did some more, but they can't be used. Like Hiawatha stories, special
jubileum stories etc.

And as I said before, it is time to reprint some of the best stories from
Gladstone's beginning. The stories deserve it!

--Harry.