Currencies in Duckburg

Per Starback starback at Minsk.DoCS.UU.SE
Wed Oct 6 22:00:21 CET 1993

Harry:
> One big disadvantage for the German speaking is that they have no symbol for
> the 'Taler' (like $ for dollar). This means in the various Scrooge comics,
> that they replace the $ by a big T, or just delete it! I've seen a German
> version of "The Magic Hourglass", where all the $$ are removed! (Remember
> the scenes where Scrooge eats an egg in his home.)

In fact I didn't (I looked it up now), but most of such $'s are
removed in Sweden too.  Sometimes they are replaced by "KR" for Kronor,
and sometimes they are replaced by Scrooge's monogram "JvA" (Joakim
von Anka).  Moneybags with "$" in the original sometimes get "100000"
or something like that instead.
Per Starback, Uppsala, Sweden.  email: starback at student.docs.uu.se
 "My eggs should be done to *perfection*---  *ULP!*"