+Postage Due+Disney-comics digest #120.

Don Rosa 72260.2635 at compuserve.com
Thu Oct 7 14:35:17 CET 1993

COMMENT TO #120:
	Not much to say except to Mattias. I'm curious what you didn't
like about my Duck Family Tree. But whatever it is, I'm blameless! That
was strictly Barks or others, and all I did was create some faces to
link grandparents to grandchildren or uncles to nephews or such. I did
make Grandma Duck a Coot, but I think that was rather good, especially
as it gave her a spot in the "Life" series. I wanted to make Ludwig Von
Drake the husband of $crooge's sister Matilda, but I was vetoed by
everyone... likewise, I don't regard Fethry as a "real" character, but
they told me to stick him in there since he's sooooo popular in Europe.

	I won't get into this discussion of whether Mickey lives in
Duckburg or nearby or on the east coast. You know that I feel that the
Ducks exist in a completely different UNIVERSE from Mickey, not simply a
different town. A team-up is impossible. But, as I said before, I'm not
insulted if people want to see my version of the Ducks as existing in a
different universe than everybody else's, so if somebody wanted to do a
Donald-Mickey team-up, it wouldn't matter to me. But they could never
get ME to be involved in something like that; I don't even see the
"DuckTales" universe as existing anywhere -- to me, "DuckTales" is an
unauthorized fictionalization of $crooge's life that kids in Duckburg
watch on TV and which $crooge finally sued off the air.