Rota in DDA 23

Mattias Hallin Mattias.Hallin at j-sek.lu.se
Thu Oct 14 12:32:52 CET 1993

"One other comment before "Andold Wild Duck" becomes a thing of
the past:  That Andold/Bo pair reminds me of a slightly more bumbling
Asterix and Obelix quite a lot!  You don't suppose that Rota took a
leaf from Goscinny and Uderzo's book(s)?" ...asked David Gerstein.

Yup! Ah shore does think he did, at that! Also and foremost because the viking
chief looks almost straight out of "Asterix and the Vikings" (or whatever it's
title in English) - actually even MORE so in the Rosa cover! The latter I
assume is unintentional on Don's part; i.e. I suppose he based his viking chief
on  the one in the story, not on the viking chief in Asterix.

Mattias Hallin