Disney-comics digest #138.

Mattias Hallin Mattias.Hallin at jurenh.lu.se
Tue Oct 26 09:30:52 CET 1993

"Mattias Hallin was discussing uses of MM in Barks stories and
noted the one where a quiz-show host asks Donald for MM's social
security number.  This story was not written by Barks, who actually
noted that "I wouldn't have thought it reasonable [or some such] to
use the 'Mickey's social security number' gag" (in THE BARKS LIBRARY,
set VII)." ...says David Gerstein... and, Oh, I should have known that, I
guess, but I've only read the Library ARTICLES about once, and that was a few
years ago, so... but still. OK. Point taken; and as for the rest of your letter
- YEAH! I wholeheartedly concur! That was exactly my point, too!

About the South Burbank reference (in Lost in the Andes), I think there are
basically two ways to handle this: either by treating it as a pure joke on
Danald's part, or by simply saying that he at some time may have lived in South
Burbank, which is probably not too far from Duckburg, anyway (since they're
both fairly close to Catalina (Duckburg is, I think, according to the
noodle-swim story 30 miles from Catalina, and thus in the vicinty of Greater
LA), so why can't Donald at some time have taken a house in Burbank, rather
than in Duckburg? I mean, he seems to be moving house all the time anyway, so
it makes sense this way too...

Mattias Hallin