More various replies

Fredrik Ekman d91fe at hkr01.ide.hk-r.se
Sat Oct 9 04:42:14 CET 1993

October 3rd, David Gerstein wrote:
>I went through the list of Character Names and simply wrote
>down one by one all the ones you needed in German, then made a list of
>them.

Danke schoen! I'm sorry I've been so slow in responding, but I've just
had an exam and I just didn't have time to do anything about it until
now. The updated version will soon be in the FTP archive, but first I
would like to clarify a few things.

>        *Donald Duck = Schnatterich (1934-51)
>                     = Donald Duck (1951-)

Grateful as I am about all this information about years, there is
currently no support in the list format for incorporating them. I could
just put it in comments after each entry, but most entries wouldn't
carry this kind of info anyway (simply because I don't have it) and I
don't think it would be a great idea to have it for just a few names
even though I admit it's a nice touch. Do you (or anyone) have any
ideas for changing the list format?

>        *Gyro Gearloose = Daniel Duesentrieb
>        *Captain Nathaniel Churchmouse = Kapt'n Kluese | Kapt'n Kirchmaus
>        Sylvester Shyster = Baldwin Beutelschneider
>        Jiminy Cricket = Jiminy Grashuepfer (1948)

I suppose that all these names should really be spelled with a
<u-diaraesis> instead of ue?

And Henri wrote, on October 4th:
>There. Is anyone interested in a character-list of the Finnish Disney
>characters? I could draw one up...

Please do! And check what we already have in the file interlingual in
the FTP archive first!

Ole, October 5th:
>Fredrik:
>>Yesterday, I found a rather interesting List of Lists on r.a.d.
>What's r.a.d.? Research and Development? Radical Anarchist Devices??

Erm... not quite... r.a.d is the USENET news-group rec.arts.disney. It
is one of the most heavily trafficed groups I subscribe to, and it's
usually full of *crap*. Typical subjects are "Why I love Aladdin",
"Top ten reasons for not marrying Ariel" and "My trip to Disneyland".
Sometimes the entire group seems to be an evidence of Don's views on
Disney fans. Once in a while, however, you may run across something
interesting...

  /Fredrik