Barks in Ducktales

Harry Fluks H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
Wed Sep 1 09:05:22 CEST 1993

Fredrik:
> That makes me think about a letter from Barks to Disney's Duck Tales book
> soon after Disney's take-over (could have been #6 or something like that).
> In the letter, Barks commented on the fact that they had used a character
> looking very much like himself in one of the previous issues (#2 or 3?).
> He also had some comments of the new Disney stories (which in the case of
> Duck Tales would have had art by Jamie Diaz' studios and story by Marv
> Wolfman (or am I mixing up things?))

I think you and he are referring to the first DuckTales sequel. Barks was
portrayed there as a book keeper of Flintheart Glomgold. The story is by
Marv Wolfman, art by Cosme Quartieri and Robert Bat.

And Don: keep your work dedicated to U.C., the U.C. from the 50s that is,
not today's U.C. who is heaviliy influenced by the wrong agents and doesn't
know anymore what he's talking about...

--Harry.