Magica De Spell

gadducci@di.unipi.it gadducci at di.unipi.it
Wed Sep 15 20:47:35 CEST 1993

>James Williams:
>> Have their even been any stories where Magica was after something other
>> than Scrooge's Number One Dime?  I've always tought that she was a
>> great character who never lived up to her potential.
>
>         "
>Per Starback:
>> I was just going to answer that that's all she's after in Barks's
>> stories at least, when Torsten's answer where he mentioned
>> "Bottled Battlers" (...)

Harry Fluks:
>Remember "Rug Riders In The Sky?" (US fifty-something). In that Barks story,
>Magica is after a (flying) carpet, not after a dime.
>
>I always found this a bit strange. Just like the stories where the #1 dime
>features without Magica. Until recently, I always thought that Scrooge's
>interest in that dime was triggered by Magica, but Per pointed out that
>there were several dime stories before Magica was introduced.

Well, I remember a story where Magica made an agreement with Scrooge about
number eleven: that dime, combined with #1 dime of other very rich men,
could do the trick and make her rich... It is a story around issue 1800 of
the weekly Topolino: a nice story but a not-so-nice art...
Besides, there are a lot of stories about #1 dime w/o Magica, as well as
stories about Scrooge ability to remember EXACTLY every thing about his
money (and not only dime: he can recognize his money simply snuffing it!!)

>BTW: has anyone ever heard of Jim Fletcher?

Yes, sure, in Becattini's index, for example, as already Per pointed out
(and no, Per, I'm quite sure #2 is not out yet: I'll tell you more after
Lucca convention). If you are interested, I could give you more information
about him, or give you the references... BTW, what about starting an
archive list about all the books ON Disney comics? It would be very
interesting, I think...

Fabio

PS Yes, I'm talking to YOU, the only Italian Donaldist in this mailing list
(except me)!  Come on, contact me!!
Fabio Gadducci           Dip. di Informatica
                         Universita` di Pisa
Tel. +39-50-510268       Corso Italia 40, 56100 PISA (ITALY)
FAX: +39-50-510226       E-mail:gadducci at di.unipi.it