Disney LDs

Torsten Wesley Adair torsten at cwis.unomaha.edu
Sat Sep 18 21:14:38 CEST 1993

On Fri, 17 Sep 1993, Torsten Wesley Adair wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Sep 1993, David A Gerstein wrote:
> > 	Dear Folks,
> > 	My fellow Gottfredson fans might be interested by the CAV
> > laser disc boxed set coming in November, "Mickey Mouse:  The Original
> > Black-and-White Cartoons."  It includes about 1/2 the entries from
> > that period (a second set will finish them off next year) including
> > "Two-Gun Mickey" (which inspired "The Bat Bandit"), "The Mad Doctor"
> > (which inspired "Blaggard Castle"), "Plane Crazy" (which inspired
> > "Lost on a Desert Island"), "Camping Out" ("Dr. Oofgay's Secret
> > Serum") and many others.  These are my personal favorite animated
> > cartoons, and I think anyone who hasn't seen them is missing a trove
> > of treasure suitable for Scrooge McDuck's money bin.
> HALLELUJAH!!!!
> Disney has finally seen the light!

I talked to my friendly neighborhood video retailer, and he says the
Disney shorts laserdisc will be out November 12th or so.

(And Aladdin will be out sometime in October, although the laserdisc
edition will not be, but the Beauty and the Beast laser might.)

But I digress.

Torsten	Adair	torsten at cwis.unomaha.edu	Omaha, NE, USA