On various subjects

Fredrik Ekman d91fe at hkr01.ide.hk-r.se
Wed Sep 22 01:00:29 CEST 1993

David: Thanks for listing the stories you've been working on. Very
interesting.

>       H86201:  "The Clock Watcher."  (With art by Fred Milton.)

This one was the only one i recognized, however. If anyone is interested,
I could find out which Swedish issue it was published in. If memory serves
me right, it was one of the issues with Rosa's Peeweegah story. And yes, I
did like the story. It has a slower tempo than many other short stories,
especially some D-coded, and the script is definitely good enough to make
up for that. The art is not outstanding, but still quite good.

And Harry wrote, on the subject of Molly/Tone/Tuttan:
>In the two stories I could find in Holland (1965 and 1966) she is called
>Moppie. But noone would remember that name today.

Big deal! I'll add it anyway. Then Per can just delete that name when he
sends out extracts to new members...

About writing to a list where Don Rosa is a member; as you can see, it's
obviously not THAT hard. I've even critisized him and my head still didn't
fall off! (You don't bite people for critisizing you, do you, Don?)

A question for Don: When did you start making you DUCK dedications? I can't
seem to find them in any of your Gladstone works. And are they always on the
first page? What about covers, did you put any there?

And as the subject of introductions has come up again, I may just take the
oportunity to introduce myself. (You can stop reading now, I won't say
anything interesting in the remainder of this letter. ;-)

My name (as you probably already know) is Fredrik Ekman and I am a 23-year-
old student at a Swedish college (h"ogskola) in Ronneby. This college is
very small and specialized in computer-related educations. Some Swedes on
the list may have heard about Soft Center; this is it!

I read a lot of different comics, but I generally try to stay away from
superhero comics. The only such that I read regularily is Spiderman, and
that is only because I am trying to get a complete Swedish collection. I'm
not normally a collector, this is just some strange idea that I have... I
guess that if I had to choose one favourite kind of comics, it'd be Disney,
my favourite Disney artists being Barks, Rosa and Van Horn. At least, I'm
not trying to be original... :-) As for my favourite Barks stories; the
last time that subject came up here, I stated that I cannot just choose any
five or ten top stories, since he has done so many of them. Also, there are
still lots and lots of Barks I haven't read at all, so any such listing
would be incomplete anyway.

When I don't study or read comics, I read books (you know, the ones with no
pictures in them), practise Ju-Jutsu and sing in a choire (spelling?).

Well, that about covers it, I guess.

Bye for now

  /Fredrik

PS. If anyone for any reason should try to send personal mail to me, don't
use the address I'm sending this from since that won't work! The address to
reach me, at least in the nearest future, is still: d91fe at ide.ide.hk-r.se.
DS.