D.U.C.K.? (was Re: Replies part 4 (= x + 2))

Mark Semich mas at cs.bu.edu
Fri Sep 24 18:49:27 CEST 1993

>From: Harry Fluks <H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl>
>Don Rosa, about the "D.U.C.K." in his stories:
>> 	That dedication has been in every story I've ever done, in the
>> splash (first) panel after the first 2 stories... but early on at both
>> Gladstone and Egmont the editors removed it.

Does this mean that your story in which Gladstone founds Gladstone
Comics is one of your first two?  As someone else recently pointed
out, the "D.U.C.K" is in the last panel, not on the splash.

>> Now that I hide it and have
>> explained what it is, it is no longer removed. I also started putting it
>> on the covers as well, beginning with the covers I did for Disney Comics
>> a few years ago.
>
>Yes, you said in the album "Donald & Scrooge": "I even hid it in the new
>cover". I have looked at that cover many times, but I CAN'T FIND the @#$%
>thing! Did you hide it behind some money bags or what?

Don must have become *very* adept at hiding it - I've been looking for
the dedication on "Donald and Scrooge" for quite a while and have been
unable to locate it.

I also can't find it on the cover of Gladstone's latest "Donald Duck
Adventures", #23.  Did anyone have any luck on this one?