Ducks and mouse

County of LA - Lancaster liblanc1 at CERF.NET
Tue Aug 30 07:36:32 CEST 1994

About 12 years ago, I met Carl Barks at a booksellers convention.  Had
an opportunity to tell him how much I had enjoyed his Ducks for many
years.  Mr. Barks was very pleasant and chatted with me a bit about
his work on the ducks.  He was kind enough to sign a poster advertising
a collection of Donald and Scrooge.  (The poster is framed in my home).
I've been a fan of Donald and crew for a LONG TIME.  I go so far back that
I used to subscribe to the original Walt Disney comics when Barks was
originally drawing and writing for it!

Some of the Duck adventures have an image in my mind that has lasted
forever.  That bottomless   hole with Scrooge's money in Christmas
for Shacktown!  That dime that Donald gave him...which caused the cave-in!

Another image was those square eggs in "Lost in the Andes"  Considering
I read these stories when VERY young...I was surprised how they have
stayed in memory.   Collecting the Gladstone albums, it is a great joy
to re-read these CLASSICS.   Speaking of Gladstone...always hoping
somehow, someway Donald would win over that lucky gander!

Concerning the MOUSE.  I recently purchased some figures of Mickey,
Black Pete, Minnie, etc. from the "Mail Pilot"  I understood that
there were to be figures made by the same company (JUSTOYS) of my
all time favorite Mickey story: "PHANTOM BLOT".   Has anyone seen
these plastic figures?  Know where they could be purchased?

Chuck Billodeaux
liblanc1 at cerf.net
(805) 948-5039