Disney-comics digest #512.

Don Rosa 72260.2635 at compuserve.com
Mon Dec 5 06:02:19 CET 1994

TRYG:
	Thanks for your list! I won't start analyzing each and every
item on every list (I hope) people send me, but I already have sevearl
of the items you mention like the peace pipe and the ball of (reclaimed)
string. That crate of horseradish sounded good until I realized that
$crooge couldn't have that -- the whole idea was that he owed it to
Chisel McSue. The flattened quarter is perfect, and I guess he might
have some bottle caps, somehow. I don't see when he would've gotten any
Terry Fermian neckware, and the statue from the Labyrinth would be too
big and valuable to be in a junk closet. And if there was a yeeker in
there, he'd need to be stuffed... MAYBE I can get away with that. But as
for that rain-barrel of gold or the diamond moon stone -- again, these
must be USELESS, VALUELESS items... not treasures.

EVEN:
	How did you pop up with a single item from such an obscure
story? Nonetheless, it was a good one. I'll add it.

MIKE:
	The photo of the sleddog and the polar bear is perfect. But the
Candy-Striped Ruby is one of $crooge's most valuable treasures -- why
would it be in a junk closet?!?!
	As for the Magic Hourglass, that is an item from a Barks story
which I have no choice but to regard as non-exiatant... the whole story,
not just the Hourglass. To say that $crooge owes a penny of his fortune
to luck from magic (or to a "lucky dime") goes against everything I
cherish about the character. The Magic Hourglass does not exist.