DD&Co #49

Jørgen Andreas Bangor jorgenb at ifi.uio.no
Thu Dec 8 00:15:28 CET 1994

Donald Duck & Co #49
--------------------

Well, here's another praise of that dreadful Norwegian Donald Duck
weekly...
Ahem, I don't praise all of them, but I guess I like some of them a
bit more than you do, Geir.

This one opens with a Rota story (D93576, 12 pages). Maybe I should
say SPOILER, there could be other Rota fans here.
Anyway, the art is just beautiful, and the story is good too. It's
better than the last one (D93577). It's about Donald and the nephews
going to South America (Fotobogo) to find a train loaded with coffee,
belonging to Scrooge, that has disappeared (the coffee). The local
police tells them that the train could have been taken by a crook
called Victorio Lazaro. They start the search for the train, and find
that things aren't as obvious as they first seemed to be. Donald manages
to fall in love with a beautiful young woman named Rosa.
     As I said, the art is just beautiful. Rota manages very well to
draw small ducks and big people in the same panels.
     There can't be many other artists who manage to put eleven panels
into one page, BTW.
     Even the colouring is very good, for an Egmont publication.

Second is a "dreadful" Mickey Mouse story (D93313, 9 pages) (couldn't
they have saved that code for a Donald story?). It's about a play directed
by Minnie. Chief O'Hara is supposed to play a central role, but has to
leave to chase Black Pete, who's just robbed a bank. They try to get a
famous actor to take the role. Black Pete escapes into the theatre, and
is accidentally believed to be the famous actor. The play goes on slightly
different than planned. The art isn't too bad.
     The idea isn't too bad, I think, but the story is quite boring.

The third story is a Chip'n Dale one-pager (D92323). Dale is finding an
easy way to get the walnuts into the tree.

The fourth story is a new continuation story (D94049, 8 pages (so far)).
Scrooge owns a small village in the desert. He treats the population well
in return for their mining of gnikk. Gnikk is the main ingredient in
"McDucks golfball cleaner". A man, who does not look very nice, wants to
buy the village, because he knows there is oil in the ground.
For some reason the inhabitants gets in very low mood every Christmas.
HDL discover why, and Gyro Gearloose invents a machine to solve the problem.
The man who wants to buy the village, will try to sabotage it. More next
week.
     Well, not too exciting, but the art isn't too bad.

Last is a Pluto one-pager (KF 9.15.46).

Donald Duck & Co JULEPARADE
---------------------------
(Donald Duck & Co Chrismas Parade)
This is extra magazine #10 this year, and probably the last one (this year).

When I saw the first story, I thought this was a reprint of the entire
Juleparade from 1980 or 81, but when I saw the rest of the magazine, I
wasn't too sure...

The first story is Barks' Christmas Cheers (WDC268).

The second story is a Grandma Duck story (WDC 148K).

The third story is a wolf story (XMAS P.A).

The fourth story is a Minnie Mouse story (XMAS P.A).

Since these are all old stories, I haven't included a review of them. If
anyone wants to know anything more about the stories, just let me know.
     Except for the wolf story, I know I've seen all of them earlier.

   Jorgen